9.20.2010

If You Show Me Yours...By BRENT


(So you don't get bored of us, every week we post something sent to us by a reader or coerced out of friends and family. Could be a question, a letter, a poll, a picture...we're flexible. See below for this week's If You Show Me Yours post, and see the sidebar for info about how to participate!)
_______________________________________________

So here's the email that arrived in our mailbox the other day:


Just wondering if I'm hip, hot, and age-appropriate.



Now, I must say - for the sake of context, and so you don't think we have pervy semi-naked men in Chippendale pants emailing us regularly - that this is from a very old friend of mine, whom I've known since we were in high school.

It's also necessary to mention that, while in high school, he would totally have worn these pants, probably to a party he hadn't been invited to (though with much less chest hair). It's even more worth mentioning that he was one of our first fans on Facebook. Not sure what that says, but I like it alot.

OK, so this arrived, and clearly more information was required. This is what came a few days later:

As for the pants...they were a thrift store find and an impulse purchase with no real purpose in mind except for the hopes of finding a reason to wear them somewhere. The picture is actually from a couple of years ago when we were in Missouri while Sandi was working on her doctorate. I had put them on as a joke for when she came home. What woman wouldn't like to walk in and see her man in pants like those?

So...umm, in answer to your question....yes. I do think you look kind of hot, in an 80's metal hair band sort of way. The pants fit quite well, actually, though I'm wondering a bit about what shoes you might rock them with. Or maybe these are part of a "stay-at-home" sort of outfit, especially paired with that tool box you're draped on? I'm going to have to go with not-so-much on the question of hip, though I bet in some Eastern European circles you could fit the bill. I think Axl Rose took faux snakeskin out with him, and though you know I have a soft spot for him I must declare that look officially over. And as for age-appropriate...well, why the hell not? You're a modern man, and shouldn't be held to khakis and button-downs. Or, to things that anyone else would wear.

But send me a picture of you, those pants, your wife, and a public place, and I'll know you're for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment