7.22.2010

Saved by Gladiators


Right now, it's all about staying COOL. And not cool, like cooool, but like actually managing your body temperature. Because it's hot here right now, so hot it's a little hard to breathe.


This dress is an old friend of mine, though I think it may have lost it's very hot hip-ness a few years ago. It's one of those baggy-in-the-waist, flowy-at-the-bottom deals that makes it OK to wear something strapless during the day and is nice and loose on, you know, my problematic waistline.


A beloved friend gave me this fab necklace for my birthday, from a local shop called Zuzu. It's made of something that feels like porcelain but isn't, and looks heavy but isn't. I think my bracelet is actually some part of a small bicycle that, like a sucker, I paid actual money for at a flea market. But it doubles as a necklace or bracelet and doesn't leave grease on me, so I figure I came out ahead.


And these are old-as-the-hills flats from Target, or Old Navy, that are comfortable and can be worn barefoot without taking on any unfortunate foot-smell. So overall I was feeling pretty good about my get-up...breezy, comfortable, accessorized, multi-colored, etc. And then...


Denise and I went shopping, just for a second. And I found these, second-hand suede laceups with real leather for $18. What?! So I changed right then and there, because obviously I'd been missing these...in a big way.




No comments:

Post a Comment