7.31.2010

On a Manual Press, People


My mom got me this shirt a few years ago for my birthday from a local (to my mom, that is) gal who designs and prints her own shirts and scarves and tunics and tank tops (along with, it sounds like, some coerced help from her husband - the best kind of free labor!).


I love it for a number of reasons, but mostly because someone designed it and put that design on by hand. That makes me think twice (or, since I'm often sort of slow, three or four times) about how much crap I buy at Target and it's ilk. This was certainly more expensive than a shirt at Target, but SHE PRINTED IT HERSELF. ON A MANUAL PRESS (or maybe her husband did, but either way it's damn impressive).

That is just so cool, and so worth my money.

Check her and her goods out at Red Prairie Press, and spend some money you would have otherwise blown at Target.


Oh, and there are those awesome shoes again.

Get used to them - turns out they go with everything and make it all look better.

So now I wear them every day!


1 comment:

  1. 1. love the shoes, but are they comfortable for long walks? i would think the lack of sole-support would be problemmatic

    2. i LOVE LOVE LOVE red prairie press clothes - now i just need an excuse to buy something :)

    ReplyDelete